Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Made This


I found the blog Make It and Love It from visiting my cousin Jamie's blog last Saturday. Have you heard the term repurposing? Well the girl who writes the blog is amazing at it! After seeing her make a sweater dress for her little girl I decided Charlie needed one. I found an old sweater of mine in my DI bag, cut it up, sewed it together and wa-la! A brand new dress for Charlie. (I'm not going to mention that it took me four hours, that I'm pretty sure it wouldn't survive a washing, and that it is about three inches too short.) I didn't take a before picture, but here are the afters.
















And since I'm talking about my little crafty self I also want to show you the fun pillow I made for my craft club. It is pretty cute, even if I say so myself.



8 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

What the heck? I didn't check your blog for like a day and suddenly there's 90 posts. This is my favorite. I seriously need to try this (for all of the kids I have... rolling my eyes). I do think it's a great idea though. And the sweater dress is super cute!

Tiffany said...

Good job, sis! Seriously, I'm impressed!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Can you make an adult sized one...for me??

Anonymous said...

Love the dress!!! and the pillow!

Natalie said...

I seriously never knew how crafty your are!! Love the sweater dress. Love the girl.

Paige said...

I adore sweater dresses on little ones so I was stoked about yours until the four hours part. Forget about it. Way to try to save the planet though, one ugly sweater at a time.

Baby Gap, here I come.

The Clarks said...

AMAZING! You mat have to help me do that one day. I am assuming you knew how to knit already? I am so impressed! We need to get together soon!

Jamie said...

wow, i am impressed tric! so cute! miss you!!!