Saturday, May 01, 2010

Review of April's Habit and on to May's Habit (Thank Goodness!)

Have you ever really, really tried to eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables everyday? It is such hard work. Seth and I are real cereal lovers, so there were a couple of nights that we ate a side salad, carrots, and an apple (or some such combination) and then got out our trusty bowl of delicious cereal. But I'm glad we persevered through April's goal. It has made me realize how many veggies and fruits you actually have to buy at the store to make it through a week of eating 5+ a day. It is a lot. And you have to stop eating out as much, because you won't get your whole ration at a restaurant. (You may get A serving of fruit or A serving of veggies, but not the two or three servings needed at dinner time.) And you have to be willing to actually prepare more things for dinner...not just the main meal and one side. You need the main meal and at least two sides. What I'm trying to say here is that eating healthily is A LOT of work.

Anyway, on to May's Habit. Seth wasn't exactly on board with this last habit. He was always the one willing to give in on just eating one veggie at dinner not two, or skipping the fruit at breakfast, or counting Oreos as a veggie because they are made with a cocoa BEAN. Anyway, I decided it was Seth's turn to pick our habit and he chose............drum roll.............wait for it . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . making the bed everyday!!!!!

It is slightly on the lame side, I know. But that is ok. It is a little known fact that Seth has been a bed maker most of his life. When we were engaged I would often glimpse his bedroom and I NEVER saw his bed unmade. Pretty weird for a single guy, right? And we actually made the bed every day for the first three and a half years of our marriage. So we really were in the habit at one point. I think that it all fell apart when we moved to this house and don't really see our bedroom throughout the day. Out of sight, out of mind. So now I have to either start making the bed everyday or start getting up before Seth so he has to make it. Hummm...choices, choices.

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

Since you started these habits, this is the one that I keep thinking I'd like to adopt, too. Maybe I'll join with you in this one. It would make my life so much nicer and I think it would encourage me to keep my room cleaner in general.