Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Charlotte

I just love my little Charlie's personality right now. Here are just a few of the things she has been up to lately...


She LOVES to take showers. All by herself. And they need to be long and hot. If I don't warn her two or three times that she only has 5 minutes left she cries and cries when I get her out. When I remember to warn her she only cries a little bit. :) If she is this bad now I'm not sure how I'm going to handle her showers when she is a teenager.

She has started saying "YEA!" lately when she is excited about something. My favorite is that two days in a row for both naps and nighttime she said "Yea!" when I told her it was time to lay down with her babies and go night-night. She loves her sleep just like her mama.

Charlie is obsessed with her babies. One morning I got up with her and before Seth came down 20 minutes later Charlie had said "baby" at least 1,000 times. I had to leave the room for a few minutes because I couldn't handle her enthusiasm anymore.

Charlie and I already fight over the computer. I always want to get on and check my email and she always wants to get on and look at pictures of her baby cousin Garrett. We watch slide shows of him and his sisters at least 3 times a day; probably a total of 2 hours a day. Tiffany, if you are reading this please change up your music that accompanies the slide show. It is starting to drive me batty. I have tried to tell her that she can't watch the slide show, but she gestures to the computer and says "baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby" over and over again until I give in.

Charlie does love babies, but she also loves her "night-nights" aka blankets. My aunt gave Charlie a three-pack of blankets that are very soft and have a silky edge. One is pink, one is white and one is brown. She sleeps with all three of them every night. I'm not sure why, and it is a little bit weird, but Charlie has to chew on the corner to fall asleep. And sometimes she clamps down on those corners as hard as she can and yanks it out of her mouth. It kind of looks like a stress reliever, but I'm not exactly sure what she is doing. Silly girl.

Charlie calls all Disney princesses "ribbits." Netflix has The Princess and The Frog as an instant play and I started playing it for Charlie a couple months ago. She could only pay attention for about 20 minutes but that is a lot of time for a mom, so I took it! She started calling it "ribbit, ribbit" for obvious reasons. A few weeks after I started showing the movie to her we went to the store and Charlie saw a calendar that had Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty on it. She pointed to it very excitedly and started saying "ribbit, ribbit!" Not sure how she made the connection since Princess Tiana wasn't in the picture, but since then all princess are ribbits.

No comments: