Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summer Reading List

I have declared this summer my summer of reading. I plan on sitting by my pool and reading a book after work at least twice a week and staying up late to finish just one more chapter at least once. The only problem is that I need ideas of what to read, so please let me know if you have read any good books lately.

So far this summer I have read:
Twilight
New Moon
The Secret Life of Bees
Uglies
Ella Minnow Pea
The Kite Runner
and am currently reading The Life of Pi

I recommend them all. After that I don't know what I'm going to read!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I recommend reading cookbooks so we can meet up in the local Harmon's again. That was the best. No honestly: Sarah, Rebekah (women of genesis series by Orson Scott Card), The Alchemist Paolo C, I forgot his last name, OBVIOUSLY Harry Potter book #7, Devil in the White City, The Bourne Identity Series there's about 5 books so far I hear they are even better than the movies.

Paige said...

You read Uglies and didn't tell me! You have to read Pretties and Specials next obviously. I'll also recommend Princess Academy, The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, and River Secrets (all by Shannon Hale; the latter three deal with the same characters). If you're going to read OSC, you have to read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, if you haven't already. (Both books have three sequels each that are worth reading to get more of the storyline but not as good as the firsts). His Dark Materials trilogy is super cool; the first movie is coming out at Christmas. And I've read Bourne Identity; it was okay but not great. I still like the movie better (hello, Matt Damon!), but I bet there are plenty of people who love the book more. And Eclipse comes out in August! If any of these take too long to rent from the library, I recommend spending your evenings at Barnes and Noble, reading their books. I may or may not have done that several times in the past two months. Okay, you should have enough to read for a while. Come see me when you need more.