Saturday, July 11, 2009

This Week In Pictures

This week we found out more about torticollis (the condition that has created a huge lump on Charlie's neck.) It is pretty rare but there are two known cases on my mom's side of the family, so it is genetic. Go Larson genes! For some reason it affects first born females, and if we don't do her stretches Charlie might just end up with a flat head. Eek!

Side of Charlie's neck without the lump...
Side with the lump...

I don't want to figure out how to rotate these pictures, so sorry! But my baby got her belly button earlier this week!

Before...

After...


And because of this she was able to take her first real (well, not sponge) bath! (This is actually a picture of her second real bath. She didn't know what was going on with the first one and therefore she cried the most I have ever heard her cry. So sad! But she loved it the second time around.)


Charlie loves being burped. Seriously, who wouldn't love having their mom's huge hand wrap tightly around their neck while she repeatedly thumps them fairly hard on the back. What fun! (Really, she loves it.)


Being a new parent is pretty funny sometimes. Like forgetting to take a diaper bag and Charlie stinkin' it up when you are 20 minutes from home. Ha, haha. And in this case learning to eat dinner while holding an infant. I accidentally dropped some of my delicious taco salad on Charlie's face and she didn't even flinch. She is so patient with us!



And in an unrelated development...Charlie is starting to get baby acne. It makes me sad! And I have to work really hard not to pick at her. It is a test of my will power.


And this is just a picture of our little bundle of joy. We just love her.

Events we did not get pictures of...
her first 4th of July.
her first time pooing while Seth was changing her diaper. This has happened many times to me.
Charlie in her new swing. I love the swing.
Charlie smiling at me (not during her sleep, or followed by a big toot) for the first time. So cute.

4 comments:

A womb for rent said...

Your funny! I have dropped food on Londyn a few times ha ha. I hate the baby acne, they are too cute underneath all those Pepperoni's but that comes from us mommies. Oh and a little fyi my babies love taking baths with me my mom has always taken baths with us and we like it warm. I don't take it as hot as I like it but almost my kids have never cared they love it. When your going to your moms call me 801-637-7004 I want to meet Charlie. If thats ok? XOXOX

Jamie said...

i love the last picture. i'm excited to meet her soon! when can we come visit you next week?!

Mark and Lachelle said...

She is sooooo cute!!! And I love that you can drop food on her face, and she doesn't even care ;)

buhlersdayoff said...

SHe is soo beautiful and we totally need to come and see her!! I love the bow on her too it is perfect for how cute she is. I love the salad dropping I would like to say that it gets easier with time but I can't remember how to do it anymore so I guess you could say you lose it fast.