Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Old Auntie Tricia

I'm an aunt! (Ok, ok. I already was one, but it is the first time on my side of the family.) Meet Addison.
















Addison was so close to being a birthday present for me, but in the end (after 31 hours of labor) she was born on August 16 at about 1:30 a.m. Only an hour and a half off. You think Kim (Addison's mom) coulda planned things a bit better! Oh well, I think it would have been hard for Addison to have followed in my shadow anyway.

So I've reached the big 24 now. I don't feel much different, except for the need to walk with a cane and hold my achin' back. Seth was telling me how 24 was one of those birthdays where he felt he was getting really old and asked me how I felt. I told him I'll never feel old because I can just always think, "I may be turning 24, but in a month Seth will be turning 28 and that is really old!" I'm sure he appreciates my sense of humor.

No comments: